City of Wayland

Important Alert


The Clerk’s Office is responsible for conducting all elections within the City. This includes voting at the National, State, County, Township and City levels and includes elections for local school districts, libraries and special elections.  In this function, the Clerk is responsible for Voter Registration and maintaining the list of registered voters.  Additionally, Absentee Ballots are requested from the Clerk.

The Michigan Voter Information Center is a great resource and provides an assortment of information related to voter registration and election administration in Michigan.  The Allegan County Clerk’s Office also provides a wealth of election information, from proposals, candidate filings, delegate information and deadlines.  Click here to visit the County site.

You can contact the Clerk’s Office by phone at 269-792-2265.

Lee Ann Clausen, City Clerk

Are you Registered to Vote?



Military and Overseas Voters

If you communicate with any military or overseas civilian voters (eligible to register and vote in Michigan), we encourage you to inform them that new state and federal laws make it easier for military and overseas civilian voters to register and participate in elections.

Most importantly, military and overseas civilian voters can now receive a ballot by e-mail or fax to speed the voting process.  The voter ballot must be returned by postal mail for security purposes.

Overseas voters may obtain an application to vote absentee Here.

Additional information may be found at

Voter Registration FAQs

When and where may I register to vote?

You may register to vote at any time.  However you must be registered at least 30 days before an election in order to vote in it. You may register to vote at:

  • Any Secretary of State Office
  • Wayland City Clerk’s Office
  • Allegan County Clerk’s Office
  • Any Family Independence Agency or any related agencies providing services through FIA
  • Michigan Jobs Commission
What should I do if I have moved or changed my name since the last election?

You must re-register with the Clerk of your new City or Township

Can I have an Absentee Ballot?

If you are a registered voter, you may vot absentee if any of the following apply:

  • You are 60 years of age
  • You expect to be absent from the community in which you live for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day
  • You are unable to go to the pools without the assistance of another person
Where do I vote?

You vote in the City or Township in which you live.  If you do not know the location of your polling place, check with your City or Township Clerk.  If you live in the City of Wayland, your polling place is the Fire Station at 160 W. Superior Street.

When are the polls open?

Michigan’s pools are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day

May I receive assistance when voting?

Any elector may request assistance with voting from the precinct board without any reason.  In such a case, two inspectors, one from each political party, will assist.  If you need help because you are blind disabled, or unable to read or write, you may ask anyone except your employer to assist you.  Help America Vote machines are now available that provide for electronic voting.

Who may register to vote?

In order to register to vote, you must be:

  • A U.S. Citizen
  • At least 18 years of age by Election Day
  • A resident of Michigan
  • A resident of the City or Township in which you are applying to vote

Election Results

No current elections